Creating PowerShell Windows Service with PrimalScript
- Written by Max Trinidad
- Last Updated: 09 October 2019
- Created: 25 June 2018
- Hits: 2307
This video demonstrates how to to create a Windows Service to kill a Solitaire process using SAPIEN’s PrimalScript.
In this short video we show you how to build and install a PowerShell Windows Service, including:
- Create a Windows Service from a PowerShell Service Template
- Add the code from a custom Snippet library
- Build the script Packager
- Build the MSI Installer
- Install / Uninstall the Windows Service
Follow the steps in the video and be creative!
*Note: In Packager Settings > Output Settings, make sure the default value for “Manifest Creation” is changed to “Embed a default manifest”, or the service will fail to run.
- Installing Windows Services Created with PowerShell
- New PowerShell Service Template for PrimalScript 2018
- Write a Windows Service in PowerShell