iPowerShell Pro: How to add manually generated About_Help files
- Written by Ferdinand Rios
- Last Updated: 14 April 2016
- Created: 30 May 2013
- Hits: 3276
The Powershell About Help file is a simple 80 character wide .txt file with a CRLF at the end of each line of text. Section names are typically all in caps and left justified. Section content is indented 4 spaces. Section names and content are separated by a single CRLF while sections are separated from each other by 2 sucessive CRLFs. Please use all lowercase for the filename.
About help files are typically named using the following format:
where <topic name> is the about help topic you are writing about.
You can add you own About_Help files to iPowerShell Pro by following the directions below.
- Make sure all added files have lowercase names. iOS is Case Sensitive for filenames.
- Connect your device to iTunes.
- Select the device in the Devices section of the left column.
- Click on the “Apps” button at the top of the Main Window area.
- Scroll down until you see the “File Sharing” section.
- In the “APPS’ list, select iPowerShell Pro.
- Drag the .txt files into the iPowerShell Pro Documents list.
- Launch iPowerShell Pro on your device.
- Select AboutHelp from the Services list.
- Press the “Refresh” button at the top right.
- Press the “Rebuild” button in the popup.
- Your new data should now show up in the list.