Offline License File Replaces Offline License Key
- Written by Jett Hausmann
- Last Updated: 06 July 2018
- Created: 06 July 2018
- Hits: 361
Effective with all SAPIEN products released June 29th, 2018, Offline License Keys have been replaced with Offline License Files. When you upgrade to the new release, you will need to generate an Offline License File.
- If you are using products released prior to the June 29th, 2018 updates, you can continue to use your Offline License Key.
- When you upgrade to the products released June 29th, 2018 or later, you will need to generate an Offline License File.
Follow the steps below to generate and download a license file for offline access.
- Login to your SAPIEN Account from a laptop or desktop computer: https://www.sapien.com/account/products
Note: This process will not work if you are logged in to your SAPIEN account from a tablet, a smartphone, or from an outdated web browser. You must be logged into your SAPIEN account from a laptop or desktop computer to generate a license file.
- Scroll to the SAPIEN product that has the offline license you need to generate, and then click Generate License File.
A license file will be saved to your hard drive in your default download folder.
Do not rename the file.
Do not share the file. The license file contains identifying information about your license.
- Locate the folder where you downloaded the license file and transfer the license file to the offline computer where you want the software activated.
- Unlock your license on the offline computer. This can be accomplished two different ways:
Option a) Launch the SAPIEN product on the offline computer where you want the software activated, and then click the License file button in the trial activation dialog. Navigate to the location of the offline license file and select the file to activate the software (e.g., <xxx>-9xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.license).
Option b) Place the license file in the C:\ProgramData\SAPIEN\LicenseFiles folder before launching the application. Please note that this folder may not exist and may need to be created.
Then launch the software and it will automatically unlock when the license file is detected.